Updated: May 5, 2020
- Boiling Water
- Elastic or hair bands
- Newspaper (this will get messy there is no avoiding it)
1. Tie an elastic band 1/4 of the way down.
2. Cook the spaghetti as you usually would in boiling water, However leaving the 1/4 and band out of the water. As this part will act as your brush handle when painting with the spaghetti
3. Once cooked drain the water and dap spaghetti dry
4. Dip cooked ends of spaghetti in paint and proceed to paint your paper.
If your child isn't very fond of messy play, spaghetti painting is a way of having controlled mess due to the uncooked spaghetti handle. However, if your child thrives in messy play try cooking all of the pasta and throwing it on to the paper from a distance. This activity is also good for fine motor skill developments, holding in a fist.